Application Information - Internal Medicine
Eisenhower Medical Center participates in the match process. National Resident Matching Program (NRMP): ACGME-accredited residencies match offered through the NRMP is the matching program used by the Eisenhower’s Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Preliminary Year Residency Programs.
Eisenhower Medical Center participates with the NRMP to provide the opportunity for applicants to consider selection options. The residency program directors and staff evaluate the qualifications of all applicants to the programs before deciding who will be offered positions.
Minimum Applicant Requirements:
- Minimum USMLE Step 1 score of 220 (on first attempt)
- NO Visas will be sponsored
- California PTAL application must have been initiated before applying.
- ECFMG application must be initiated before applying
- Post medical school graduation less than five years
THE NRMP Matching Process at Eisenhower Medical Center
Applicants requesting application information from the residency programs are directed to the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applicants submit their application with their required letters of recommendation, transcripts, and dean’s letters through ERAS for first year positions.
Eisenhower Medical Center accepts the universal application and requires all materials to be submitted in full before an interview may be scheduled.
The deadline for applications is December 1.
Program directors and recruiting team members determine who will be invited to interview. Interviews are scheduled weekly from mid-October through mid-January. Informational program packets are distributed during the interviews. The interview team members then submit their ratings and collectively prepare a rank order of candidates. The designated staff person then enters the ranking list prior to the submission deadline.
As soon as the match results are received and are appropriate to release, the results are shared with each program director and letters of appointment are mailed and e-mailed to each new resident member.
2017-2018 INTERVIEW DATES:
- Thursday, October 5 – Friday, October 6
- Thursday, October 12 – Friday, October 13
- Thursday, October 19 – Friday, October 20
- Thursday, October 26 – Friday, October 27
- Thursday, November 2 – Friday, November 3
- Thursday, November 9 – Friday, November 10
- Thursday, November 16 – Friday, November 17
- THANKSGIVING WEEK – No Interviews
- Thursday, November 30 – Friday, December 1
- Thursday, December 7 – Friday, December 8
- Thursday, December 14 – Friday, December 15
All information submitted to the NRMP on the rank order lists is confidential. It will not be released or revealed in any manner that permits individual identification of either applicants or programs during the process.
Internal Medicine Residency
We will be recruiting 20 Categorical Internal Medicine position for 2018-2019.
Preliminary Year Residency
We will not be recruiting preliminary positions for 2018-2019